City Clerk & Office of Vital Statistics
The office of the City Clerk, in the historical tradition, serves as a direct link between the residents and their local government. The City Clerk is responsible for the issuance of many licenses and permits including but not limited to Marriage Licenses, Dog Licenses, Peddler Permits. On this page you will find links to some of the forms that can be viewed and printed. In addition, the City Clerk serves as Clerk to the Rome Common Council, which is the legislative branch of city government.
The Vital Statistics Office records, births and deaths that occur within the City of Rome. We have records dating back to the 1882. Individuals doing family histories are able to obtain death records of deceased family members. These records are considered genealogy and are stamped for genealogy purposes only.
The City Clerk is responsible for the proper issuance of:
- Alarm Permits/Applications
- Amusement Device Permits/Applications
- Auctioneer Permits/Applications
- Dog Licenses
- Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Requests
- Going Out of Business Forms
- Handicapped Parking Tag Permits
- Liquor License Notification
- Applying for Marriage Licenses
- Marriage Transcripts & Genealogy Records
- Opt Out Registry
- Pawnbroker/Secondhand Dealer Permits/Applications
- Peddler/Transient Merchant Permits/Applications
- Taxi Business Licenses
- Taxi Driver Applications
- Taxi Vehicle Application
For more information on these services, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (315) 339-7659.