Old Is the New Green
Commanding the center of the Bellamy-Gansevoort Historic District, Old City Hall was constructed in 1895 and was home to municipal and non-profit agencies for over a century. The Flemish Revival style building was designed by the reputable NYC firm of Withers and Dickson. The magnificent structure is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The building offers over 18,000 square feet of office space on three stories with cathedral ceilings, a fully-functional three-story elevator, generous natural light, a massive attic, a spectacular view of downtown Rome and connections to all city services.
Constructed of sandstone, pressed brick and clay tile, the dominant feature of the building is surely the steep hipped roof and copper cupola. Historically the most significant structure in Rome, the building is fully ADA compliant with multiple entrances on North James Street and Park Street. In the core of downtown Rome, Old City Hall is the anchor to the North James Street Main Street Corridor.
Recently vacated, this property is still in great condition and is developer-ready. The City of Rome is currently working with Plumley Engineering and Mid-State Industries to complete restoration of the cupola, roof drainage system, copper flashing, clay tiles and copper roofing systems. Restoration work will be complete in Spring 2012.
7019 E Dominick Street
7113 East Dominick Street (Former Davidson’s Chevrolet)
Griffiss Tech Park
232 Spring Street
301 Mill Street
727 Black River Boulevard
1212 East Dominick Street